SUFFERED A WORKPLACE HAND INJURY
Any injury to the hand can keep most employees out of work for a considerable amount of time. At Delventhal Law Office, our team has helped many workers get compensation after a workplace injury. Please contact us if you have a question.
TYPES OF HAND INJURIES
Hand injuries are fairly common at workplaces. A person can injure their hand when it gets caught in equipment or is crushed by falling debris. Someone who falls on their hand can also damage bone and soft tissue. Even extensive repetitive use can lead to debilitating pain that keeps someone out of work for a long time.
Our Fort Wayne hand injury lawyers have helped clients with the following types of injuries:
- Finger dislocations. Damage to the ligaments can lead a finger or thumb to dislocate. Depending on the severity, some of our clients need surgery.
- Gamekeeper’s thumb. This injury involves the rupturing of a ligament on the side of the thumb near the palm. Surgery might be required for repair.
- Amputated fingers or thumbs. Workers can lose a thumb or finger when using power tools, circular saws, and other equipment.
- Fractures. Any bone in the hand can fracture due to trauma. Some broken bones will be more disabling than others and can lead to a hand being put in a cast.
- Burns. A person can burn their hand when gloves fail to work or when a fire breaks out unexpectedly.
- Degloving injury. This horrific injury involves the peeling back of the skin and other layers of soft tissue, often exposing the bones. Degloving injuries are very difficult to treat.
- Amputation. The entire hand can be amputated in an accident, such as when it is caught in a machine.
The above are some of the more common injuries. If you hurt your hand in a different way, please contact us. We have extensive experience with all sorts of hand injuries.
DETERMINING HOW MUCH A HAND INJURY IS WORTH
This can open be a difficult question and that is why you need to speak with our experienced Fort Wayne Hand Injury Lawyer. Our clients receive an amount in compensation that varies depending on certain factors, such as:
- Whether the injury is permanent or temporary.
- How much the employee made each week before the injury.
- The cost of medical care. Surgery is much more expensive than if an injury can be treated conservatively. Also, rehabilitation can be expensive.
- Whether our clients are in permanent pain.
Another key consideration is whether our clients suffered injuries to other body parts at the same time. Many workplace accidents involve wrenching or injuring the wrist, elbow, arm, or shoulder. Injuries to additional body parts increase the settlement value of a claim.
Generally, a worker whose injury is temporary can qualify for temporary wage replacement benefits. However, if the worker lost a hand (such as an amputation), then they might receive an amount specified for that type of injury.
MAKING A DIFFERENCE
IN THE LIVES OF OUR CLIENTS.
Spinal Cord Injury
Neck, Back, & Lung Injury
Thanks to everyone in the office. Great team. Was always answering any of my questions! Definitely helped me.
I appreciated Chad's timeliness in responding to my inquiries and concerns throughout the settlement process. He did a good job!
What a great experience dealing with Chad and the rest at Delvonthal law, he won my case and I would highly recommend everyone to talk with the people at Delvonthal.
The Delventhal law office worked vigorously on my behalf. Great communication and professionalism, a true down to earth fighter for the people. Thank you Chad Delventhal.
Very pleased with the outcome of my case, and with the professionalism of Chad and his staff.
SPEAK WITH OUR FORT WAYNE HAND INJURY LAWYER TODAY
Whether they happen inside or outside of work, hand injuries are serious. Our clients deserve fair compensation, including money for permanent disfigurement or disability. Please contact Delventhal Law today. One of our attorneys can walk you through your legal remedies during a free consultation.
AREAS WE PRACTICE
At the Delventhal Law office, our Fort Wayne personal injury attorneys are committed to fighting for the rights and interests of accident victims. If you or a family member was injured because of the carelessness or recklessness of another party, we can help. Our Indiana personal injury lawyers handle a wide array of legal cases, including:
MAKE ONE CALL,