AGGRESSIVE DRIVING ACCIDENTS
Aggressive driving seems to be on the rise. With the pace of life increasing, more and more drivers are in a rush to get to their destinations. As a result, they often break traffic laws without any consideration for the safety of others on the road.
At Delventhal Law Office, we represent the rights of motorists injured in aggressive driving accidents in Fort Wayne. If someone has injured you, please contact us to schedule a free consultation.
TYPES OF AGGRESSIVE DRIVING
All kinds of aggressive driving can endanger other drivers and pedestrians, including:
- Illegally passing
- Swerving in and out of traffic
- Running a red light
- Refusing to yield the right of way
- Ignoring another driver’s signals
- Driving on the shoulder or sidewalk
Aggressive driving differs from careless driving based on intent. A careless driver might forget to check her rearview mirror or become distracted by a small child, but the errors she makes are unintentional. By contrast, aggressive drivers intend to drive aggressively, and they endanger members of the public as a result.
AGGRESSIVE DRIVING ACCIDENTS & INJURIES
We tend to see more serious accidents and injuries when they involve aggressive drivers. For example, we can see:
- Head on collisions. These often happen when an aggressive driver is passing illegally around a turn. They can drive straight into oncoming traffic.
- Rear-end collisions. An aggressive driver who is tailgating can slam into another driver’s rear.
- T-bone collisions. Drivers who run red lights frequently hit other vehicles in a side-impact collision.
- Pedestrian accidents. Pedestrians often cannot get out of the way when an aggressive driver mounts the sidewalk or drives on the shoulder of the road. Unfortunately, pedestrians often receive horrific injuries since they are so unprotected at the moment of impact.
Among the devastating injuries we see are:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Broken bones
- Facial disfigurement
- Spinal cord injuries
- Neck injuries, including whiplash
MAKING A DIFFERENCE
IN THE LIVES OF OUR CLIENTS.
Spinal Cord Injury
Neck, Back, & Lung Injury
Thanks to everyone in the office. Great team. Was always answering any of my questions! Definitely helped me.
I appreciated Chad's timeliness in responding to my inquiries and concerns throughout the settlement process. He did a good job!
What a great experience dealing with Chad and the rest at Delvonthal law, he won my case and I would highly recommend everyone to talk with the people at Delvonthal.
The Delventhal law office worked vigorously on my behalf. Great communication and professionalism, a true down to earth fighter for the people. Thank you Chad Delventhal.
Very pleased with the outcome of my case, and with the professionalism of Chad and his staff.
Some motorists might drive aggressively out of habit. For example, a driver who is used to tailgating other vehicles might have no idea they are doing it. However, most aggressive driving is rooted in aggressive behaviors and emotions, like anger and rage.
Road rage is a huge contributor to aggressive driving in Fort Wayne. The root causes of road rage are complicated, but it is unmistakable if you have ever been on the receiving end. A driver in the grips of road rage uses their vehicle like a weapon and often wants to intentionally harm another driver who has annoyed them.
If you sense that a driver is road raging, you should remember to take the following defensive actions:
- Don’t escalate the situation. For example, don’t make aggressive or rude gestures and don’t engage in aggressive driving yourself.
- Try to put distance between you and the other vehicle. If necessary, change your route so that you get away from the aggressive driver.
- Don’t get out of your vehicle to confront a driver in the midst of road rage. Instead, drive to the nearest safe place, such as the police station.
- Call emergency services if you think your life is in danger.
If an aggressive driver has injured you, contact us. At Delventhal Law Office, our Fort Wayne aggressive driving accident attorneys we have represented many injured motorists and pedestrians who have wanted to hold an aggressive driver accountable, and we are here for you, too.
We have obtained countless favorable settlements and jury verdicts, which we credit to our detailed approach to cases. We will never treat you like a number, and we always have your best interests at heart. To learn more, please call us to schedule a free initial consultation: (260) 238-8608.
AREAS WE PRACTICE
At the Delventhal Law office, our Fort Wayne personal injury attorneys are committed to fighting for the rights and interests of accident victims. If you or a family member was injured because of the carelessness or recklessness of another party, we can help. Our Indiana personal injury lawyers handle a wide array of legal cases, including:
MAKE ONE CALL,