Rear-end collisions are fairly common auto accidents, which also go by the name “fender bender.” But many rear-end collisions are very serious accidents and will leave more than your fender damaged. Instead, many passengers and drivers will suffer horrifying injuries that can permanently change their lives and cost them tens of thousands of dollars (or more) in medical care.
At Delventhal Law Office, our team of car accident lawyers has helped many clients after a rear-end collision or other wreck. We know how to build a case for compensation the correct way, so reach out to us as soon as possible to schedule a free consultation.
Common Rear-End Accident Injuries
A person involved in a rear-end collision can suffer many of the same injuries as motorists involved in other kinds of car wrecks. We have seen clients suffer from:
- Broken bones. Motorists can break bones in their hands, arms, legs, feet, and face. If a rib breaks, then many complications can ensue, including pneumonia.
- Whiplash. This is a common injury for rear-end collisions. The head snaps forward and backwards, injuring soft tissue in the neck and upper back.
- Traumatic brain injuries. A person can suffer a brain injury if they hit their head on something. Even whiplash can shake the brain inside the skull and change how it operates, leading to impaired memory, speech, balance, movement, and sleep.
- Spinal cord injuries. Damage to the spinal column often leads to muscle weakness, loss of sensation, and sometimes paralysis.
- Back injuries. A person might pinch a nerve in their back or suffer a herniated disc.
- Burns. If the rear-end collision ruptures the fuel tank, then the car could catch on fire. A driver or passenger could suffer serious burns trying to escape from the car, which can result in limb amputation or skin grafts.
Many injuries require extensive medical care, which few people can financially pay for. Instead of shouldering the full cost of your accident alone, meet with a Fort Wayne rear-end accident lawyer to review your chances of receiving compensation.