Many car accidents are caused by negligent drivers who fail to use sufficient care when operating their vehicles. But reckless driving is different. A reckless driver is someone who appreciates the risks they are taking but goes ahead and takes them anyway. In other words, reckless drivers know they are endangering the public but don’t care.
Have you been injured by a reckless driver? If so, you should meet immediately with an experienced Fort Wayne car accident attorney. You might be able to sue and receive compensation for your injuries and finally hold a reckless driver accountable for his actions.
Injuries from Reckless Driving
Because reckless driving often involves high speeds, people often sustain more devastating injuries than they do in regular fender benders. Many victims suffer from:
- Disfigurement, including facial disfigurement. Facial bones can be broken and lacerations can leave behind permanent scars.
- Burns. If a car crashes, it can catch on fire, which happened with actor Paul Walker, who died from his injuries.
- Nerve damage. Anything pressing on a nerve can cause constant pain and will lead to nerve death if not relieved in a timely fashion.
- Concussion or other traumatic brain injury (TBI). The shaking of a person’s brain can disrupt how it normally functions.
- Spinal column injuries. These can leave a person in intense pain and possibly result in paralysis.