Forklift Accident Attorney Serving Clients in Fort Wayne, Indiana
Whenever a worker enters a construction site, that worker places himself at serious risk of injury. To be sure, there are many dangers on construction sites, including the hazard of a severe forklift accident. Like many vehicles and machines on construction sites, forklifts are extremely heavy, and a forklift accident can result in debilitating and sometimes fatal injuries.
If you or someone you love got hurt in a forklift accident in Indiana, you should discuss your options with a Fort Wayne forklift accident attorney as soon as possible.
Getting the Facts About Forklift Accidents
What should you know about forklift accidents? The following are some statistics from OSHA:
- More than 96,000 forklift injuries happen each year, with some more serious than others;
- Nearly 35,000 forklift accidents every year result in serious injury to at least one worker;
- Around 85 forklift accident fatalities occur annually in the U.S.;
- Every year, more than 10 percent of all operating forklifts are involved in an accident;
- More than 40 percent of forklift accident injuries happen when a worker is crushed by a forklift that tips over; and
- Forklift accidents are most common in manufacturing and construction industries, which account for more than 42 percent of all forklift accidents each year.