Injury or wrongful death resulted from Truck Accident?
With the large size and weight of commercial trucks and their inability to stop or maneuver quickly, truck accidents are among the most devastating road traffic accidents. Collisions involving 18 wheelers, semi-trucks, tractor trailers, and other large trucking vehicles have a high potential for causing personal injury, including catastrophic injuries and wrongful death. When these traffic accidents are caused directly by the negligence of truck drivers or their trucking company employers, then they can be held liable for compensating victims for the damages. This is where our Indiana personal injury attorneys come in.
Let's get your case the attention to detail it deserves and start the process of maximizing your potential settlement recovery.
- Driver fatigue
- Distracted driving, including cell phone use
- Unsafe speeds or reckless driving
- Drunk driving
- Driver error and failure to obey traffic signs or signals
Trucks are much larger and heavier than passenger vehicles, and because they can haul a great deal of freight, even the simplest of mistakes can cause devastating car accidents and injuries. Truck accidents that involve motorcycles or pedestrians also have a high potential for catastrophic injuries and fatalities.
Truck accidents can also lead to pileups and large multi-vehicle accidents. If you or a loved one has been involved in a truck accident or if your traffic accident was directly caused by a truck, then having a qualified Allen County truck accident lawyer from our firm assist you during the legal process can make the difference between getting unfair compensation or the compensation you deserve.
It's critical that you visit with a doctor as soon as possible after your truck accident. Even if you believe your injuries are minor, it's a good idea to seek treatment in the event that you begin to experience new or worsening symptoms over the days following your accident. One of the most damaging factors to any truck accident claim is what is known as a "gap in treatment." This occurs when a person waits to seek treatment or fails to show for a doctor's appointment. Without detailed medical records and a consistent treatment history, there will be little to no evidence that supports your injury claim. Simply put, you must follow up with a doctor as soon as possible after a truck accident and continue to keep your appointments until you have been released from care.
Insurance Company Goals
The goal of the insurance company is to pay the smallest amount possible to settle your truck accident case. Insurance companies make billions of dollars every year by settling claims as quickly as possible and employing high-priced defense attorneys who make sure their dollars stay out of your hands. Truck accident victims are often pressured into giving recorded statements to the insurance company and signing medical authorization release forms that expose your health history. In both instances, this information is used against you to limit how much they pay for your truck accident. (It's also common for the insurance company to use often-heard excuses to deny or limit your claim. The truck accident wasn't your fault, and you shouldn't be made to feel guilty.)
- You can contact us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for a free consultation with our lawyers
- When you contact us a lawyer will immediately respond - No call centers - No time waiting for the important legal advice you need
- Our no recovery no fee promise - You won't have to pay a dime until there is a successful resolution to your case.
- All accident, injury and wrongful death lawyers at our office have years of experience litigating such cases, so they know how to get the maximum compensation for your case.
- Our lawyers will fight for your right to compensation against insurance companies and defendants for all your damages including:
- Medical bills - Hospitalization costs
- Future medical care
- Loss of earnings
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress If you are the victim of an injury or wrongful death, contact us for immediate assistance.
Remember, our consultations are free, and when we take a case, we do not charge our clients a penny until our client wins. If you don't win, then we don't get paid. That's how confident we are in our ability to successfully handle your case. Call us now to speak to a Fort Wayne car accident attorney personal injury and wrongful death lawyer immediately.