Injury or wrongful death resulted from Child Accident?
Just the thought of a child being injured is enough to frighten any parent. As children develop, it is natural that they will get into accidents. In some cases, accidents can be a learning experience. Through trial and error, children can learn more about what they can and cannot do. Tragically, not all childhood injuries can be treated with a Band-Aid or a kiss from Mom or Dad. In some situations, children suffer profound, life-altering injuries. Sadly, many of these accidents would be preventable if someone had exercised a proper level of care. If your child has been harmed due to an act of negligence, it can be very helpful to speak to an injury lawyer about your child’s injuries.
As much as we’d like to keep our children safe every minute, they do spend a great deal of time outside of their parents’ care. Our attorneys handle child and adolescent injury cases including:
- Dog bites/animal attacks
- Daycare injuries
- School crossing injuries
- School premises injuries
- Playground injuries
- Amusement park injuries
- Swimming pool accidents
- Sports and recreation injuries
It's critical that your child visit with a doctor as soon as possible after an accident. Even if they believe their injuries are minor, it's a good idea to seek treatment in the event that they begin to experience new or worsening symptoms over the days following your accident. One of the most damaging factors to any accident claim is what is known as a "gap in treatment." This occurs when a person waits to seek treatment or fails to show for a doctor's appointment. Without detailed medical records and a consistent treatment history, there will be little to no evidence that supports your child’s injury claim. Simply put, your child must follow up with a doctor as soon as possible after an accident and continue to keep their appointments until they have been released from care.
Insurance Company Goals
The goal of the insurance company is to pay the smallest amount possible to settle your child’s accident case. Insurance companies make billions of dollars every year by settling claims as quickly as possible and employing high-priced defense attorneys who make sure their dollars stay out of your hands. Child accident victims are often pressured into giving recorded statements to the insurance company and signing medical authorization release forms that expose their health history. In both instances, this information is used against them to limit how much the insurance company pays for your child’s accident. (It's also common for the insurance company to use often-heard excuses to deny or limit your claim. The accident wasn't your child’s fault, and they shouldn't be made to feel guilty.)
- You can contact us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for a free consultation with our lawyers
- When you contact us a lawyer will immediately respond - No call centers - No time waiting for the important legal advice you need
- Our no recovery no fee promise - You won't have to pay a dime until there is a successful resolution to your case.
- All accident, injury and wrongful death lawyers at our office have years of experience litigating such cases, so they know how to get the maximum compensation for your case.
- Our lawyers will fight for your right to compensation against insurance companies and defendants for all your damages including:
- Medical bills - Hospitalization costs
- Future medical care
- Loss of earnings
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress If you are the victim of an injury or wrongful death, contact us for immediate assistance.
Remember, our consultations are free, and when we take a case, we do not charge our clients a penny until our client wins. If you don't win, then we don't get paid. That's how confident we are in our ability to successfully handle your case. Call us now to speak to a Fort Wayne car accident attorney personal injury and wrongful death lawyer immediately.