When you get involved in an auto accident, the chances of sustaining injuries are very high. Even slow-speed minor rear-end collisions and fender benders can cause harm to the vehicle occupants and leave them with serious car accident injuries. While safety measures can reduce the risk of severe car injuries, the effect of a collision usually results in deadly or catastrophic car crash injuries. If you have sustained an auto accident injury as a result of another person’s negligence, a Fort Wayne Car Accident Lawyer from Delventhal Law Office, LLC, can assist you in getting the compensation you deserve for your damages. Our car accident attorneys are here to guide you on your journey to recovery.
Common types of serious injuries that result from car accidents
- Bone fractures: Broken pelvic, shoulder, hand, arm, feet, and leg bones always appear on the list of common car accident injuries. The repercussions and severity of bone fracture injuries differ significantly from person to person. A survivor of an auto accident might heal completely or be left with chronic pain that never ends. Either way, the losses, and expenses can be extensive. Amputations can also occur in a car accident, either after days or immediately after the accident.
- Lacerations and face injuries: Lacerations and burn injuries on the face, and other body parts are common consequences of the possibilities associated with a car crash. These injuries can occur as a result of sudden impacts with glass and steel, speed, or fire that arise as a result of burning fuel. The worst part of such injuries is that they can cause permanent scars on the face of an accident victim.
- Spinal cord injuries: A spinal cord injury is catastrophic in nature as it can end up in paralysis and other life-altering disabilities.
- Back and neck injuries: Herniated disks and whiplash are usually listed among common serious car collision injuries. Victims who suffer from a whiplash might require to live with a neck brace for weeks or months. Chronic pain is usually associated with these car accident injuries. Sometimes the insurance company can refuse to pay for the right compensation for back and neck injuries. In such cases, you will need a professional car accident injury attorney to fight for your rights to ensure that you get the right compensation. Such injuries often result in massive expenses, chronic pain, and incapacitation to deal with.
- Head and brain injuries: A car accident can cause traumatic brain injuries that can leave you in a coma for an extended period. In other instances, an operational survivor seems to heal but suffers lasting negative impacts like difficulty concentrating and personality changes. Skull fractures and concussions are also common serious injuries in car crashes.
- Emotional and psychological injuries: Specialists who study car accident injuries also cite the invisible but devastating consequences of auto collisions – emotional and psychological injuries. Although invisible, post-traumatic stress disorder affects many car accident victims.
Regardless of the injuries you or your loved ones have sustained in an auto crash in Fort Wayne, Delventhal Law Office, LLC, is here to help. Our car accident attorneys can advise you on what to do to safeguard your rights. Our goal is to maximize your chances of getting the compensation you deserve to cover your medical expenses, replace your lost income, and recognize your suffering and pain. Contact us today for a free consultation with our experienced car accident lawyer to learn more about how we can assist you with your case. Call (260) 484-6655.