A SERIOUS ACCIDENT CAN HAPPEN IN A MOMENT. LET US HELP.
Our Huntington personal injury lawyers have the experience and reputation that you can count on if you have suffered a personal injury in our state. When you have been injured and suffered a serious disruption to your life and your future, call our law firm for the support and guidance you need in recovering compensation. We know how devastating being seriously injured is–help is just a phone call away.
OUR HUNTINGTON PERSONAL INJURY PRACTICE AREAS
Our Huntington personal injury lawyers are here to help you navigate the claims process when another’s negligence leads to your harm. We have years of experience working on claims in the following areas of personal injury law:
- Bicycle accidents;
- Motor vehicle accidents;
- Dog bites;
- Medical malpractice;
- Slip and fall accidents;
- Motorcycle accidents;
- Truck accidents;
- Wrongful death claims;
- Birth injuries;
- Accidents involving children;
- Train accidents;
- Nursing home neglect claims;
- Environmental accidents;
- Workplace accidents; and
If you have been injured in our city and need legal representation, you can count on our team.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT FILING A PERSONAL INJURY CLAIM IN INDIANA
If you have been injured and you think someone else is to blame, you may have a cause of action to bring forth a personal injury suit. However, before you initiate your claim, it’s important that you understand your rights and the law. Important details to know include:
- You have the burden to prove negligence. When you bring forth a claim against another party, the burden is on you to prove that the defendant acted negligently and that the negligence was the proximate cause of your harm. You’ll also be responsible for proving the extent of the injuries you’ve suffered. The burden of proof in a personal injury claim is by a preponderance of the evidence.
- You only have two years to take action. After you have been injured, it’s important to initiate the claims process as soon as possible. If you wait too long, you may be barred from recovery by the state’s statute of limitations, which is two years from the date of injury in Indiana.
- You can recover compensation for the full value of your harm. If you’ve been harmed, you maintain the right to recover compensation for the full value of your losses, including compensation for your economic expenses (like medical bills, property damage costs, and lost wages), and noneconomic losses (such as pain, suffering, and emotional distress).
MAKING A DIFFERENCE
IN THE LIVES OF OUR CLIENTS.
Spinal Cord Injury
Neck, Back, & Lung Injury
Thanks to everyone in the office. Great team. Was always answering any of my questions! Definitely helped me.
I appreciated Chad's timeliness in responding to my inquiries and concerns throughout the settlement process. He did a good job!
What a great experience dealing with Chad and the rest at Delvonthal law, he won my case and I would highly recommend everyone to talk with the people at Delvonthal.
The Delventhal law office worked vigorously on my behalf. Great communication and professionalism, a true down to earth fighter for the people. Thank you Chad Delventhal.
Very pleased with the outcome of my case, and with the professionalism of Chad and his staff.
SCHEDULE YOUR FREE CONSULTATION WITH OUR HUNTINGTON PERSONAL INJURY LAW FIRM TODAY
Don’t wait another second to call an attorney if you have been injured. Our lawyers understand how serious and life-changing a personal injury may be, and we promise to advocate for you every step of the way. We’ll investigate your case, gather evidence, handle all claim documents, negotiate your settlement, and more. To schedule a free case consultation with our Huntington personal injury law firm, please call us directly at 260-484-6655 or send us a message online. We work on a contingent-fee basis.
AREAS WE PRACTICE
At the Delventhal Law office, our Fort Wayne personal injury attorneys are committed to fighting for the rights and interests of accident victims. If you or a family member was injured because of the carelessness or recklessness of another party, we can help. Our Indiana personal injury lawyers handle a wide array of legal cases, including:
MAKE ONE CALL,