Indiana Motorcycle Lawyer Representing Clients in Auburn
With its historical buildings and beautiful scenery, Auburn is a great place to get around on by bike. Unfortunately, motorcycle rides do not always end well for bikers. Other motorists do not give bikers the same space and respect on the roads that they provide for other drivers, and serious crashes are not uncommon. When an accident occurs, bikers are most at risk because they have so little protection. Bikers are very exposed when they are on the roads and so during an accident, they sustain some of the most severe injuries. If you have been hurt while on your bike, our Auburn motorcycle accident lawyer can help you recover the damages you are entitled to.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Auburn
The majority of motorcycle accidents in Auburn are caused by the negligence of drivers and other entities. The most common forms of negligence, or carelessness, that results in serious accidents are as follows:
- Left turns
- Improper lane changes
- Distracted driving
- Hit from behind
- Defective bike parts
- Defective road conditions
Common Injuries After a Motorcycle Accident
The injuries sustained during a motorcycle accident are rarely minor. They are typically quite serious, require extensive medical treatment, and are very painful for accident victims to recover from. The most common injuries during a motorcycle accident are as follows:
- Head injuries: Indiana does not have a universal helmet law and many bikers choose not to wear them. Without a helmet, the head and brain are very exposed and bikers can suffer from traumatic brain injuries, fractured skulls, and more.
- Road rash: Road rash is a series of cuts and scrapes that are usually the result of a biker’s skin scraping along the pavement during a crash. Road rash may sound like a minor injury, but it is quite serious. The injury requires immediate treatment or it could develop a very serious infection.
- Burns: Burns are some of the most painful injuries bikers suffer. They require extensive treatment and can cause permanent scarring and disfigurement.
- Broken bones: Due to the fact that they have such little protection, it is not uncommon for motorcycle accident victims to suffer from broken legs, arms, pelvises, hips, ankles, and ribs.
The above injuries are just a few of the most common bikers sustain during a crash. When they do, injured bikers can often file a claim for compensation.
MAKING A DIFFERENCE
IN THE LIVES OF OUR CLIENTS.
Spinal Cord Injury
Neck, Back, & Lung Injury
Thanks to everyone in the office. Great team. Was always answering any of my questions! Definitely helped me.
I appreciated Chad's timeliness in responding to my inquiries and concerns throughout the settlement process. He did a good job!
What a great experience dealing with Chad and the rest at Delvonthal law, he won my case and I would highly recommend everyone to talk with the people at Delvonthal.
The Delventhal law office worked vigorously on my behalf. Great communication and professionalism, a true down to earth fighter for the people. Thank you Chad Delventhal.
Very pleased with the outcome of my case, and with the professionalism of Chad and his staff.
Statute of Limitations for an Auburn Slip and Fall Claim
If you want to file a premises liability lawsuit after a slip and fall, you will need to make sure to do so before the statute of limitations runs out. Under Indiana law, most lawsuits arising out of slips and falls must be filed within two years from the date of the slip and fall accident.
Contact Our Auburn Slip and Fall Attorneys
You should have an experienced Auburn slip and fall attorney on your side to help you seek the financial compensation you deserve. At the Delventhal Law Office LLC, we have years of experience representing clients in Indiana and can speak with you today about your case. Contact our firm online or call us at (260) 484-6655 for more information.
AREAS WE PRACTICE
At the Delventhal Law office, our Fort Wayne personal injury attorneys are committed to fighting for the rights and interests of accident victims. If you or a family member was injured because of the carelessness or recklessness of another party, we can help. Our Indiana personal injury lawyers handle a wide array of legal cases, including:
MAKE ONE CALL,