Personal injury from a bicycle accident?
Bicycle riders share the road with cars, trucks, and other large passenger vehicles and are required to obey the same rules as motor vehicles. Bicyclists also wear little protection and are extremely vulnerable to suffering injuries caused by motorists to who fail to see them, obey traffic laws, or drive safely. When driver negligence causes a bicycle rider to be injured, personal injury claims can be filed.
Free bicycle accident case evaluation
Decisions You Make
The decisions you make shortly after the accident, such as contacting the right Fort Wayne car accident attorney, will play a large role in determining the strength and value of your injury claim.
Let's get your case the attention to detail it deserves and start the process of maximizing your potential settlement recovery.
Attorney Fort Wayne
Whether you are a commuter, enthusiast, or leisurely rider, you accept an inherent risk each time you step on a bicycle and share the public roads with motor vehicles. With the popularity of bicycle riding steadily increasing, both for transportation and recreation, the need for traffic safety and awareness become essential to ensuring the safety of anyone on the roads. When drivers of automobiles fail to obey traffic laws or drive irresponsibly, bicycle collisions can result in injuries that can be severe, and, in many cases, fatal. If you have been injured while riding a bicycle because of someone else’s negligence, you may be able to receive monetary compensation by filing a personal injury claim with the help of a Fort Wayne personal injury attorney at our firm. Maximize your financial recovery
It is well known that bicyclists run an increased risk of suffering an injury during an accident. Similar to motorcyclists, bicyclists wear little protection and are extremely vulnerable to injuries. In addition, operators of motor vehicles who drive irresponsibly or fail to use safe driving practices can easily fail to see bicycle riders. When bicycles are involved in auto accidents or truck collisions, injuries have a high potential of being severe, catastrophic, or even fatal. Statistics about bicycle accidents prove that an overwhelming majority of the incidents result in injuries. In fact, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reported that in 2009, more than 50,000 bicyclists were injured and more than 600 riders were killed in U.S. traffic accidents. Despite the statistics, many bicyclists involved in traffic accidents can still be accused of being partially or entirely at fault. Determining liability in bicycle accidents is often difficult, but a qualified and experienced Fort Wayne bicycle accident lawyer from Delventhal Law Office can competently assess your case, conduct thorough investigations, and preserve any relevant evidence in order to determine the negligence involved as well as handle any complications or disputes that may arise.
Bicyclists and automobiles are required to obey the same road traffic rules and regulations. Furthermore, bicyclists are expected to ride with the flow of traffic, navigating their bikes and making turns as if they were a motor vehicle.
- Not intentionally interfere with the movement of anyone lawfully riding a bicycle
- Not overtake or pass a person riding a bicycle unless done safely without endangering the rider
- Yield the right of way to bicycle riders
- Not enter, stop, stand, park, or drive within bike lanes
- Not enter or proceed through an intersection while within a bike lane
- Exercise due care to avoid collision with riders
- Give an audible warning with horn to avoid collision
- You can contact us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for a free consultation with our lawyers
- When you contact us a lawyer will immediately respond - No call centers - No time waiting for the important legal advice you need
- Our no recovery no fee promise - You won't have to pay a dime until there is a successful resolution to your case.
- All accident lawyers at our office have years of experience litigating such cases, so they know how to get the maximum compensation for your case.
- Our lawyers will fight for your right to compensation against insurance companies and defendants for all your damages including:
- Medical bills - Hospitalization costs
- Future medical care
- Loss of earnings
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress If you are the victim of a car accident, contact us for immediate assistance.
Remember, our consultations are free, and when we take a case, we do not charge our clients a penny until our client wins. If you don't win, then we don't get paid. That's how confident we are in our expertise. Call us now to speak to a Fort Wayne car accident attorney immediately.